640+ Jobs Available
Justice & Human Rights Specialist : Job Detail
- Master's Degree
- 10 years
- Document Required
- CV, Application
- Job Type
- 01 May, 2016 [ Deadline Expired ]
- Published Newspaper
Apply by Email
The Embassy of Denmark, the Embassy of Switzerland/Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the UK's Department for International Development (DFID) in Nepal have developed a joint donor facility to manage coherent, harmonized and coordinated funding support aimed at enhancing democratic governance, peacebuilding and justice efforts in Nepal. The three missions support this 'Governance Facility' (GF) in line with the Aid Effectiveness Agenda (Paris Declaration, Accra Agenda for Action and Busan Partnership), especially regarding harmonization and alignment. The programme runs for the period 2014-2018.
The GF invites applications for the following position from the interested and eligible candidates who have the ability to deliver results with highest level of integrity. The position will require fluency in English and Nepali in speaking, reading and writing.
JUSTICE AND HUMAN RIGHTS SPECIALIST
The Justice and Human Rights Specialist will be responsible for providing technical direction and guidance in the implementation of the GF programme and its partners' activities to promote and protect human rights and justice, as well as in supporting capacity building of the partners. S/He will also be providing substantive contribution to the planning, monitoring and evaluation processes of the GF programme along with regular monitoring and analysis of the programme environment from the human rights and justice perspectives. S/He will also be responsible to support relevant GF staff by developing capacities and operational tools to guide and mainstream the human rights and justice considerations across programme components.
Key Qualifications and Required Skills: :
Advanced University Degree (at least Master's degree) in Law or a related discipline with not less than 10 years of hands-on experience in justice, rule of law and human rights in national and international organisations. Substantive knowledge of justice and human rights sectors. Demonstrated technical skills in managing projects/programmes. Experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders including government entities, CSOs and legal institutions. Excellent communication skills.
Level, Location and Duration:
The position is a senior-level national position based in Kathmandu. Contract duration will be two years with possibility of extension.
TO APPLY: The job profile is available in our website www.gfnepal.org After reading it, you are requested to submit your application (explaining your suitability) and detailed CV, latest by deadline, via email with the position as the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of their status.
Undue influence at any stage of the processes will lead to automatic disqualification.
GF welcomes and encourages applications from women and traditionally marginalised groups. However, GF applies merit based selection process.
Job By Categories
Job By Industry
- Assistant Specialist Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Specialist - Human Resource Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Sales Officer A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Receptionist at Language Institute A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Ace H.S.S A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Accountant A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- DRR/Climate Change Officer (DRRO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Information Officer (IO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Triyog HS School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Premier International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Database & Monitoring Officer WWF [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Machhapuchhre International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Vantage Casinos & Entertainment A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Kathmandu Vidya Kunja School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Columbus School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Chief Executive Officer CEO Nebico [ Deadline Expired ]