640+ Jobs Available
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist : Job Detail
- NGO / INGO
- Master's Degree
- 3 years
- Document Required
- CV, application
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 19 February, 2017 [ Deadline Expired ]
- Published Newspaper
Apply by Email
USAID-Health for Life Project is seeking "Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist" candidate for the USAID-Health for Life (H4L) Project which is a five-year (2012-2017) project financed by USAID and working primarily in coordination with the Government of Nepal's Ministry of Health (MoH). As a result, Health for Life Project has a significant national presence to support the testing and roll-out of national-level policies, guidelines and programs. In addition to the national focus, the Project covers 12 districts in the Mid-Western Development Region; 3 in the Western; one each in the Eastern, Central and Far-Western Regions; and in 10 (Dolakha, Dhading, Gorkha, Kavre, Makwanpur, Nuwakot, Ramechhap, Rasuwa, Sindhuli and Sindhupalchowk) most earthquake affected districts to strengthen district and village health systems and help identify and implement best practices. H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners and civil society.
The primary goal of Health for Life (H41) is to strengthen the Government of Nepal's capacity to plan, manage and deliver high-quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn, and child health services. 1141. activities directly address key health system constraints in the following areas: local health systems governance, data for decision making and evidence-based policy development, human resources management, quality improvement systems, and knowledge and behavior change. This position will be based In Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Lead the process of developing CommCare-based database software for Health for Life project
- Coordinate with USAID's Suaahara (and other stakeholders) in developing CommCare-based database software and in implementing together in VDCs to increase equitable utilization of services
- Assess reporting Indicators, datasets (variables) and level of disaggregation for database requirements and review inter-operability issues of the software with other commonly used health information data management software i.e. DHIS2, OpenMRS etc.
- Manage database and regularly analyze and disseminate periodic reports to supervisor and program staff
- Ensure all required data/information are entered accurately, completely and timely in system.
- Ensure the implementation of standardized reporting, performance monitoring, and evaluation within the office and among partners
- Ensure collection and reporting on indicators at project implementation level required by USAID in consultation with project M&E team
- Take the lead in reviewing monthly report from the CommCare databases, identify gaps and provide support for improvement in coordination with relevant stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Public Health, Information Science, Health Sciences, Social Sciences or related field and a minimum of three years of professional experience in the area of M&E, including database design and management and data analysis, or a Bachelor's degree in the relevant field with at least 6 years of professional experience in M&E including database design and management and data analysis Experience in designing project M&E plans
- Skills and understanding about database languages like Microsoft SQL or MySQL or CouchbB or PostgresSQL or any other relevant database language
- Working knowledge of lava, Python preferred
- Working knowledge of Open Data Kit Collect and JavaRosa Xform Engine preferred
- Skill in using statistical packages, such as SPSS or STATA. Experience in creating templates in spreadsheets and databases, analyzing data, and database management.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a resume with contact information to Operations Manager, Health for Life (H4L), P. O. Box: 3172, Lalitpur, Nepal or via email with "Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist" in the subject line. However, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Telephone inquiry will not be entertained.
Job By Categories
Job By Industry
- Assistant Specialist Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Specialist - Human Resource Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Sales Officer A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Receptionist at Language Institute A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Ace H.S.S A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Accountant A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- DRR/Climate Change Officer (DRRO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Information Officer (IO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Triyog HS School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Premier International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Database & Monitoring Officer WWF [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Machhapuchhre International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Vantage Casinos & Entertainment A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Kathmandu Vidya Kunja School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Columbus School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Chief Executive Officer CEO Nebico [ Deadline Expired ]