640+ Jobs Available
Research Manager : Job Detail
- NGO / INGO
- Master's Degree
- 5-7 years
- Document Required
- CV, Cover Letter
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Kathmandu, Banke
- 29 April, 2016 [ Deadline Expired ]
- Published Newspaper
Apply by email
Helen Keller International (HKI), an international NGO working in nutrition is working with USAID funded. Tufts University managed Nutrition Innovation Lab, invites a qualified Nepali national as Research Manager, based outside of Kathmandu (mostly in Banke district).
Research Manager -1 (One)
This position works under the technical direction of the Regional Coordinator and (US-based) Tufts University researchers & provides day-to-day coordination of several separate studies funded through the Feed the Future Nutrition Innovation Lab, assists in research planning, data collection methods and strategies for data management. S/he manages the field research efforts in Nepal — the Aflatoxin study and the PoSHAN policy study — to ensure that pre-established work scope, study protocol, ethical requirements are followed & oversees recruitment of study participants and consults with investigators on appropriate management of participant problems and concerns. This position will be located 70% outside Kathmandu (mostly in Banke district) and 30% in Kathmandu.
Qualifications, work experience & skills
- Master's degree in Public Health, Nutrition, International Development or other relevant discipline preferred.
- A minimum 5-7 years of work experience in related field.
- Demonstrated technical depth required in at least one of the following areas of public health; research methods; maternal, child, or newborn health; nutrition interventions.
- Demonstrates understanding of the complexity of issues relating to research methods, empirical data collection and analysis.
- Prior experience in supervising survey teams preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in office management and administration required.
- Prior experience in training interviewers/enumerators required.
- Excellent communication skills; strong written and spoken English and Nepali required.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and meet urgent deadlines.
- Ability to spend time in rural areas to oversee and manage data collection activities.
- A team player, with some experience of managing other people.
- Excellent MS Word and Excel skills a must.
Qualified & interested individuals should email a cover letter and CV, with the full address and contact number of three references via email. Applications must be received by COB, deadline.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Helen Keller International is an equal opportunity employer.
Job By Categories
Job By Industry
- Assistant Specialist Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Specialist - Human Resource Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Sales Officer A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Receptionist at Language Institute A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Ace H.S.S A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Accountant A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- DRR/Climate Change Officer (DRRO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Information Officer (IO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Triyog HS School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Premier International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Database & Monitoring Officer WWF [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Machhapuchhre International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Vantage Casinos & Entertainment A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Kathmandu Vidya Kunja School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Columbus School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Chief Executive Officer CEO Nebico [ Deadline Expired ]