640+ Jobs Available
Senior Agriculture and Livestock Advisor : Job Detail
- Environment and Natural Resources
- NGO / INGO
- Master's Degree in Agriculture
- 8 years
- Document Required
- CV, Citizenship Certificate, testimonials
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 28 September, 2015 [ Deadline Expired ]
- Published Newspaper
Apply By email
Local Initiatives for Biodiversity, Research and Development (LI-BIRD) is a non-profit making, non-governmental organization (NGO) established in October 1995 with its Head Office in Pokhara, Nepal. LI-BIRD is committed to capitalizing on local initiatives for sustainable management of renewable natural resources and improving livelihoods of rural people who are dependent of natural resources in Nepal and South Asia region.
Community Resiliency Program, SABAL is a USAID funded project implemented in six districts (Khotang, Makwanpur, Okhaldhunga,Ramechhap, Sindhuli and Udaypur) from 2014 to 2019 under the lead of Save the Children with LI-BIRD as a consortium partner. The project aims to increase resilience of targeted vulnerable populations in Nepal.
LI-BIRD invites applications from eligible Nepali citizens who are reliable, accountable and have the ability to deliver results with the highest integrity for the following position.
Senior Agriculture And Livestock Advisor (Level 10) – 1, Kathmandu Based (Frequent Travel To Project Sites)
Job Summary: The Senior Agriculture and Livestock Advisor is responsible for providing technical and strategic inputs to the project team for programme planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of project interventions especially on agriculture, livestock and irrigation to ensure contribution to the SABAL project's overall goal, objectives, outcomes and LI-BIRD's overarching impact goal.
The Advisor is required to represent the project and LI-BIRD at the highest level with regular engagement with senior government officials, policy makers and institutional heads. The Advisor needs to have the capacity to work independently to provide strategic and technical guidance on agriculture, livestock and irrigation to the entire project consortium and SABAL management. The Advisor should be an excellent human resources manager and should be able to provide coaching support and boost the morale of the project partners’ staff. S/he will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining congenial working relationships with the government officials, media, local NGO partners and other key stakeholders.
Education and Experience: Minimum Masters in Agriculture, Environment or NRM with 8 years of work experience. PhD in Agriculture, NRM or Development Studies would be an added advantage.
LI-BIRD offers competitive remuneration and other benefits as laid out in its Personnel Policies. Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications with CV including three references, citizenship certificate and relevant testimonials by deadline with the e-mail subject starting as:[VACANCY].
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained and could lead to disqualification.
Applications from women and members of indigenous and disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged.
Please apply to: Human Resources Manager, LI-BIRD, Pokhara, Kaski.
Job By Categories
Job By Industry
- Assistant Specialist Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Specialist - Human Resource Ncell [ Deadline Expired ]
- Sales Officer A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Receptionist at Language Institute A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Ace H.S.S A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Accountant A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- DRR/Climate Change Officer (DRRO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Information Officer (IO) Felm (Nepal) [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Triyog HS School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Premier International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Senior Database & Monitoring Officer WWF [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Machhapuchhre International School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Vantage Casinos & Entertainment A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Kathmandu Vidya Kunja School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Various Jobs at Columbus School A Reputed Company [ Deadline Expired ]
- Chief Executive Officer CEO Nebico [ Deadline Expired ]